Stalling tactics or real rejection
Posted by: Jenny | 2016-09-02 10:44:53
I often hear the customer said "I reject it". Is this his real idea? Is this a real rejection or the stalling tactics or a lie? When face such situation, what should we do? Should we give up or find the solution?
The rejection or concern is the euphemism and it is actually the reason why the customer does not place the order. The actual meaning of the customer is "you fail to persuade me buy your products."They are requiring more information and guarantee. In this situation, what should we do?
There is very few real rejections while most of them are a kind of dilatoriness. As the buyers often hide their real rejection, the thing goes more complex. Why do they do this? Because they don't want to hurt your feelings. They are afraid of saying the truth to you. It is easier to tell a lie than reject you directly. So they also tell a lie to get rid of you.
Now I want to teach you what is the lie:
1. I need to think about it.
2. We are over budget.
3. I must communicate with my business partner.
4. I will think about it in the future.
5. I never buy on impulse. I have to think about it for a while.
6. I have not yet already to buy.
7. Contact me 90 days later. We will get ready at that time.
8. As for me, the quality is not the most important.
9. Our business has gone into a decline.
10. Our advertising agency will in charge of this.
"We have already had better supplier", "We need to compare the two competitors", "All the things are purchased by our head office" and "Your price is too high.", all these also the regular rejection, but bot the real one.
Real rejection never be told directly. When the potential customer says "I have to think about it" or "We will confirm it later" , it is actually indicating their other ideas.
What is the real rejection expression?
1. No money
2. We do not spend money on this aspect.
3. We can not get the loan to buy.
4. I can not decide it by myself.
5. I have no right to control the budget.
6. I think I can buy it much cheaper from others.
7. I have preference in others. But I won't tell you.
8. I have some friends or related customers doing the same business as you.
9. We do not want to change the supplier.
10. We want to search other opportunities.
11. I am busy with something important.
12. We do not need your products currently.
13. I think your price is too high.
14. We do not like or we don't believe your product.
15. We do not like or we don't believe your company.
16. We do not like or we don't believe you.
We must find the real reason of rejection. If you can overcome it, you will succeed in making a deal. When you are rejected, you need to find out the real reason and find out whether it is the only one, and then overcome it.
Sometimes, you can not find out the real reason of rejection or you do not have any preparation for overcoming it, why?
Because you are:
1. lacking in the technique and products knowledge.
2. lacking in sales tools.
3. lacking in sales knowledge.
4. lacking in self-confidence.
5. not well prepared.
6. not doing well in the product introduction.
High price is a typical rejection to the salesmen. To overcome it, you must fine out customer's real intention and know what price is too high. In the half situation, you are out when hearing this. But think from another side, it means when the customer rejects you for the price, you have 50% chance to save this situation and reach a deal with correct words.
To recognize a rejection and overcome share the same importance. It is not fail until the end. Even though we fail, we need to know why. When it occurs next time, we can improve ourselves and succeed.
- Post Comment